When Fat is A State of Mind

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When Words Fail

I must firstly apologise for my blatant neglect of my little space of blogosphere.  I needed some time away to reassess, reaffirm and in general recharge.

I logged on today with so much to say but when you stare so much sadness in the face it's hard to know where to begin.

The truth is some things just make no sense.  There is no rationalisation for some events that touch and even bruise our lives.  The distinction needs to be that they bruise our lives not our spirits.  Most of us during our lifetimes will be touched by sadness that has no depth but there is resilience in our beings, we continued, changed but ultimately we continue.

What we can offer to those around us in this time of despair is understanding, patience and love.  Just knowing that you aren't alone in the middle of the night when the air is still and the distractions of the day have ceased.  Sometimes knowing that you are loved is just enough to keep you facing one more day.

To Lori, Lulu and those affected by the floods in Queensland I give you both my love and my being in any capacity that it is needed.

1 comment:

Melissa {Suger} said...

Lovely post. And so right on, I think. Resilience and strength. And that it {the whole life thing} often makes no sense.