When Fat is A State of Mind

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Questions For Those Who Are Further Down The Road?

Back on the horse so to speak and being accountable.

First goal set - check
Food diary happening - check
Food awareness - check
Exercise plan - check
Appointment booked with Nutritionist - Check

So giddy up cowboy I'm on my way and feeling pretty good, not perfect, not expecting miracles but at least I'm moving forward.

I do have a couple of areas I'm really struggling with right now so I'm calling on the been there done that got the smaller size t-shirt crew to help me out - all suggestions willingly accepted.

1. How do I learn to love water?  I'm am hopelessly dehydrated and know that one of the keys to change is water consumption but it's just not happening *hangs head in shame*.  So for all you previous non water drinkers how did you work it into your day?

2. How do you break the associations with bad eating habits if you can't change the situation.  I know some better preparation on my part will help with availability of good choices but I'm really struggling with the bad mid afternoon cravings.  I know it's in my head, I need to retrain the pleasure centre but what I want to know is how did you succeed?  What are the roadblocks you created to stop yourself backsliding into bad habits.

I could really use a village right now so I'll take whatever you've got

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey CQ. Thanks for poppoing over to my blog. I'm liking it over here at yours. Pretty, Pink and Interesting. No real advice from me as I'm pretty much on the same journey. Looking forward to following along :)

Kirsty said...

Water is hard for me too. I'm used to reaching for a diet coke every time which isn't fattening but is horrible for your body. I recently had emergency surgery and was only allowed water for several days after. One day a nice nurse put some orange cordial in it for me and I was hooked. As soon as I got home I bought some and I'm drinking gallons of water now. I mix it really really weak but it still makes a world of difference to the taste for hardly any calories. Good luck xxx